Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Misbehaving engine, It was time for something to act up, right?
BigDBass
post Jun 25 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Dumb Question Champion

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,405
Region Association: Upper MidWest

We drove the 914 to my wife's cousins' graduation party about 45 minutes away, and on the way home some recently emerging engine (mis)behavior really started showing up.

It sorta "hops" or "skips" occassionally while cruising at a steady RPM (mid-3000s).

Now a new thing: When I really open up the throttle, it seems to stumble a little bit, and I hear some popping sounds that maybe is backfiring? It's not a big BANG by any means, just pop pop pop while I can feel a lack of power.

I just filled up the tank, so maybe the gas was sub-par? I've been using the normal grade unleaded, but this was a brand I don't really know, in a different county.

(Also, I think this is a separate issue: until it warms up, it idles poorly, at very low RPMs and dies a few times. Dave-O mentioned adjusting the idle bleed screw in his PPI results.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
BigDBass   Misbehaving engine   Jun 25 2006, 04:46 PM
bd1308   First Issue: Check/Recalibrate or Replace your Thr...   Jun 25 2006, 07:10 PM
Bartlett 914   Hi Dan. I am still for keeping things simple firs...   Jun 25 2006, 07:33 PM
Dave-O   I would agree with Mark about keeping things simpl...   Jun 25 2006, 09:15 PM
T wing   Hey, I gotta agree. Check the points, check the t...   Jun 26 2006, 08:45 AM
BigDBass   Ok, I'll start with the points. Just so happe...   Jun 26 2006, 10:57 AM
Dave-O  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 07:01 AM