Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Sat. night scare. just spent 5 hours in the ER ..., listen to your heart!
SirAndy
post Jul 2 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

so i've been having these random episodes of sudden chest pain for the last 1 1/2 years or so. never thought much of it ...

then, last night, i woke up around 2am with a really sharp pain in my chest, lasted for about an hour.

i felt fine when i woke up this morning. shannon and i went to get lunch and while i was driving, the pain came back and the left half of my face went numb.
we get to the lunch place and i get dizzy and have hotflashes.

shannon freaks out and drives me to the hospital. i tell them my symptoms and they rush me right past the line of other patients and into the ER and hooked me up to a gazillion of cables.

then i had to eat a bunch of pretty happy pills and they gave me a few shots of nitroglycerine. got all fresh oxygen to breath too. yum! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

fast forward, 5 hours later, i'm back home and i feel fine right now.
initial test results are looking fairly good except my blood pressure was waaay high. they took x-rays too.

i'll get more details tomorrow, but it looks like my heart was trying to tell me something for the last 18 month, but i didn't listen ...

so, if you have similar things happen to you, take my advice and "listen to your heart" ...
don't put it off like it did.

scared the shit out of me ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Andy

PS: shannon took a pic with her cellphone, i might post it later ...
she said all the wires looked like an engine harness (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SirAndy   OT: Sat. night scare. just spent 5 hours in the ER ...   Jul 2 2006, 12:15 AM
McMark   I'm glad you didn't come to work on your c...   Jul 2 2006, 12:21 AM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:01 PM