Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I think my distributor is crap, dwell angle moving when warm
tdgray
post Jul 3 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Group: Members
Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

So I'm trying to get the car running better and solve my low idle problem etc. So I am doing a tune-up.

I got a good dwell combo meter and hooked her up. Dwell read 48 on intial start up. Rev it up no problem.

Ran it for awhile just fussing with things and looking for possbile air leaks (new vac hoses, no leaks).

Look at the dwell... no probs 48 at idle. Rev it up to 3,500 to attempt timing check. Needle moves down about 5 degrees. Try it again same thing. Try it again moves down 6 degrees.

At this point I stop.

Is my dist shitted ?

I found a rebuilt model from parts america for $46.00. Should I just go ahead and replace it and the trigger points anyway?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tdgray   I think my distributor is crap   Jul 3 2006, 08:15 AM
newto914s   Did you remember to plug the vacuum advance? It wi...   Jul 3 2006, 08:41 AM
Gint   :agree: You have to remove and plug the vacuum ad...   Jul 3 2006, 08:50 AM
tdgray   Yep hose pulled and plugged. I'm thinking th...   Jul 3 2006, 09:13 AM
Cap'n Krusty   $46 bucks? The parts cost far more than that...   Jul 3 2006, 09:53 AM
tdgray   I dunno... just looked it up on PA website. This ...   Jul 3 2006, 09:57 AM
Cap'n Krusty  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:59 PM