Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Where's the buyers guide?, buying a 914... need to know what's BAAAAD
HeloMech
post Jul 6 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Go Ahead, Get Pistoph!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,718
Region Association: Southern California

Ok, so I'm not getting a warm fuzzy on the father giving the 914 to me after all these years so I've opted to go find my own. There's a few on ebay and craigslist. What rusted areas are super bad news? I've got a welder and a grinder and I'm not afraid to use them. lol. How much of the area under the battery box becomes a serious issue, etc. Again, I'm not opposed to ripping stuff out and welding in new steel. I just don't want to start a losing battle if there are known issues that go beyond that. Like, ya know, welding a sawzall party car back together.

Anyone? Anyone selling a 73-74 2.0 for a reasonable price here? anyone seen the ones on ebay and various areas of craigslist? Thoughts? Suggestions? Hugs and someone to spoon with? Andy? Beuller? Is this thing on? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HeloMech   Where's the buyers guide?   Jul 6 2006, 02:10 PM
drewvw   Start with the buyers guide at Pelican Parts and t...   Jul 6 2006, 02:12 PM
HeloMech   http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3...   Jul 6 2006, 02:34 PM
Rand   Look hard and deep and seriously at the area under...   Jul 6 2006, 02:55 PM
HeloMech   Thanks for that info. I sent the guy an email to ...   Jul 6 2006, 02:58 PM
maddeye  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:14 PM