Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Day tripper, Sunday driver, yeah
Queenie
post Oct 12 2003, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Society Is A Hole

Group: Members
Member No.: 908

I finally drove my car today, after two agonizing weeks without it. Yay! It lives!

Sort of. Heh.

What it's not doing:
Leaking oil.
Blowing smoke of any color.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

What it is doing:
Idling like a crack whore sitting down to her first few hits of the day. It jumps up to 2000 rpms, then bottoms out to zero, then jumps up to 2K, then bottoms out to zero (occasionally it will die at this point, but that's infrequent). Over and over. Never levels out. Then, once it's been driven a bit it goes to jumping to 2K then dropping to 1K, lather, rinse & repeat.

Exhibiting a sort of flattening out (almost as if it wants to lose power, but it doesn't - I'm not sure how else to explain this) and then a fairly harsh jerk right around 2900-3100 rpms while accelerating. To me, this feels like a fuel delivery issue of some sort. It was doing this before we pulled the engine, although it is much less pronounced now than it was before. The flatten&jerk is intermittent, not constant. It reminds me of the way it felt when one of the injectors went bad, except that there's no loss of power.

Other than that, it feels pretty damn good. It's very responsive and energetic. It feels like it wants to drive good once we get these minor issues sussed and settled.

And yes, Miles - I figured out how to shift again.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Now I'm off to make my landlord happy by scrubbing the oil that used to leak out of my car off my driveway.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Queenie   Day tripper   Oct 12 2003, 02:30 PM
Lawrence   Sounds like a vacuum leak, Queenie. Congrats on g...   Oct 12 2003, 02:50 PM
Queenie   ...   Oct 12 2003, 08:24 PM
ChrisReale   Make sure all the vacuum hoses are seated properly...   Oct 12 2003, 08:42 PM
SirAndy   <...   Oct 12 2003, 08:52 PM
Queenie   <...   Oct 12 2003, 09:17 PM
SirAndy   auxiliary air regulator used for cold start, basi...   Oct 12 2003, 09:23 PM
Queenie   <...   Oct 12 2003, 09:27 PM
ChrisReale   Compare your set up to thishttp://members.rennlist...   Oct 12 2003, 09:58 PM
Charles Deutsch   Queenie, Click here to learn a little about how t...   Oct 12 2003, 10:08 PM
Queenie   Thanks for all the great tips, folks. I'm goi...   Oct 13 2003, 09:34 AM
ChrisReale   Hmmm....refreshed....Vegas.....that never seemed t...   Oct 13 2003, 10:22 AM
Queenie  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:57 AM