Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is Megasquirt the right one
lmcchesney
post Jul 14 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

I have given up on adapting my 2.0L D-jet FI for the new engine. From what I have read, I believe that the MS FI system would be an acceptable alternative. My engine is a 94 x 78 with a stroker crank and Web cam 73, 2.0 stock njectors each flowing about 45ml/min and balanced. The heads are mild to moderate ported with 48mm intake and 38 exhaust. Regular ignition system with standard distributor. I have increased the volume of the fuel rales and bumped the pressure to 38PSI with a dual parallel fuel pump system. I have tried to enhance the D-jet system and have a variable resistor between the CHT and ECU. I have tried to adjust the system using a CO monitor. I have added an external oil cooler and the temps run about 100-150 degrees with a pressure of 1-3 Bar. It runs well in the low end with a ruff idle but acceptable. However, it flattens out at high rpms (5000) and acts like it starving for fuel at WOT.
I believe that MGS FI system would allow me to optimize the engine and prolong life of the engine as well. Additionally, can you use the CO monitor in place of the wideband AF monitor?
Additional questions are as to advantage of the megasquirt II, placement of the ECU in the engine compartment, rear trunk or in the cab. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Larry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:59 PM