Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My new teener has a lot of over steer, Think I will start by adjusting the front swaybar
RoadGlue
post Jul 17 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #1

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108
Region Association: Northern California

So my new '74 and I are getting to know each other now that I've fixed the brakes. We went out for a spirited west Sonoma County run yesterday, and I found that the rear is too happy to come out with throttle lift and throttle input.

Unfortunately I don't have all the suspension numbers, as it was three owners ago that the car was setup for auto-x'ing. Little information was been passed down from one owner to the next.

What I do know is that the car is stiff, much stiffer than stock. I pulled the rear springs and shocks and replaced them with yellow adjustable Konis and 185# springs. I can't tell any difference in the spring rate, so I think they too were in the 180# range. Either way, there was over steer before I made the swap.

The fron tend is also beefy, though I don't know the size of the torsion bars or of the swaybar. Certainly a lot heavier/bigger than stock. The swaybar is adjustable, and I've included a photo of how it's currently configured. To "loosen" the bar up, I'd need to put the drop-links on the furthest part of the lever-arm, right?

Also, does the angle of the lever-arm look like it's aiming too high? Should the drop-links be shorter to make the arm more parallel to the ground? I have a fully adjustable bark with a adjustable drop-links that I should probably just install, but doing so is rather low on my list of things that need to be done to the car.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RoadGlue   My new teener has a lot of over steer   Jul 17 2006, 01:31 PM
nebreitling  
  Jul 17 2006, 01:39 PM
RoadGlue   Ah, not sure why I thought I should loosen the bar...   Jul 17 2006, 01:49 PM
Brad Roberts   Those are 911 drop links and not 914 drop links. T...   Jul 17 2006, 01:57 PM
RoadGlue  
  Jul 17 2006, 04:32 PM
Dave_Darling  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:08 AM