Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 8.7 miles and then it dies, TWICE
HeloMech
post Jul 24 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Go Ahead, Get Pistoph!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,718
Region Association: Southern California

Ok, what's the joke? There's some type of thing that let's my car know that it's about 50-100 feet from it's destination and that's when it loads up, misfires and dies.... RIGHT? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Again, we push started the car. Started right up. Anything above 2800'ish rpms and it would sound like it was misfiring. I was able to drive it home, running 4th gear.. 2000-2600 rpms. About the last block or two, a couple of sputters. Last 100-200 feet and it stumbles quite a bit. Then, it's almost like it runs out of gas. Just for giggles, I hit the starter (since the starter was dead at work) and the starter kicked on twice.. then it was dead again. Either way, car didn't start.

The guy in the other 914 behind me said that just where I said it was acting up, he said it sorta puffed some smoke and then he smelled gas.

I've tried to put as much info out as possible. Hm, also, after it seemed like it was loading up, I'd put it in neutral and rev it a bit, trying to clear it out. That didn't really seem to have any effect... at the higher rpm's it would just sound like it was misfiring again.

so... anyone have suggestions with this info? Joe?

Thanks,
Robert
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HeloMech   8.7 miles and then it dies   Jul 24 2006, 05:44 PM
r_towle   loose ground wire to battery.. Rich   Jul 24 2006, 05:52 PM
HeloMech  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:38 AM