Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: 2002 Mazda Protege 5 system, Anyone know about these?
bondo
post Aug 22 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

My sister in-law has an 02 Protege 5 and her airbag light is on. Some shop quoted her something over $500 to fix it, and they insisted that the problem is because of damage to the right rear door. I think it's BS, because the damage is at the very top front of the door, and is just a deep scratch/dent done at about 1mph backing out of a parking spot (scraped a latch sticking out of a fence next to a driveway). It's about 1/4" deep and there was no impact involved. I also have trouble believing that anyone would put an airbag sensor in a door (which could get slammed).

She has 2 small children, and really should have a functioning airbag system in her daily driver. (kids ride in the back of course) Does anyone know how to troubleshoot these systems, or at least know where the sensor is? I'm going to be down in that neighborhood next week and would like to fix it while I'm there.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Doh, should be Protege 5 AIRBAG system in the topic, but I can't seem to edit the title.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
bondo   OT: 2002 Mazda Protege 5 system   Aug 22 2006, 10:02 AM
fiid   You need something which will talk to the computer...   Aug 22 2006, 11:14 AM
bondo  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 02:39 AM