Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Painting New Cars
richardL
post Aug 25 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 201
Region Association: None

I've been reading threads and guides about re-painting cars recently, they are always stressing the quality usually comes from prep work, lots of sanding etc. rather than the actual act of spraying the paint.

So I was wondering, given how great the paint on most modern new cars is, how do they do it, straight from the production line?

I assume they don't have hoards of workers buffing and rubbing the cars between coats, so...

...as I actually have very little idea of how its actually done, can someone either link me to an explanation of how new cars get painted and achieve the quality, or can someone explain the process.

Thanks,
R
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
richardL   Painting New Cars   Aug 25 2006, 02:06 PM
BGman   I have no insight on this except that I have had t...   Aug 25 2006, 02:13 PM
URY914   Perfect conditions, perfect panels, robots...   Aug 25 2006, 02:53 PM
McMark   :agree: The big part is that the panels are perfe...   Aug 25 2006, 03:09 PM
Travis Neff   some manufacturers end up with a lot of orange pee...   Aug 25 2006, 03:11 PM
URY914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 10:59 AM