Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> An Electric Puzzler, a strange draw
tomamafone
post Sep 1 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #1

There's no "I" in Teener

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,414

Alright guru's here you go! I have a '75 that i've just started to use as a daily driver. its maiden voyage was 30 mi into LA and back. the next morning the battery was dead. i got her bump started and ran her for about 15min and got the battery charged again. let her sit for 15 or so and the battery seemed very strong. let sit overnight again and its dead. broke out the multimeter and there is definately a draw on the battery while the ignition is off (over 500mA). I've checked both lights (passenger and engine compartments) and they are off.

What other (unswitched) components could be draining my power or "sticking" on?

-Tommy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tomamafone   An Electric Puzzler   Sep 1 2006, 05:53 PM
Spoke   Since you have a multimeter, use process of elimin...   Sep 1 2006, 06:15 PM
tomamafone   Did the fuse thing with no response. i like the co...   Sep 1 2006, 06:25 PM
So.Cal.914   Do you have a stereo and amp? Both can have consta...   Sep 1 2006, 11:09 PM
tomamafone  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 06:32 PM