Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> turrn signal kills battery ?
jsteele22
post Sep 2 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,653

Hi All,

For the second time in recent weeks I went to start up the teener and found the battery completely dead - not even a flicker of dash lights. But this last time, I noticed that when I connected jumper cables, the left turn signal lights came on. No blinking, just a consatant on. So I checked, and sure enough the wand was clicked to the left position.

Has anybody seen this before ? I didn't think the turn signals got power when the key was off. Does *anything* in the steering column get unswitched power ?

I haven't had a chance yet to get the battery charged up and dig into this. Just wanted to ask if this is a "known" issue, and what to do about it ...

Thx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jsteele22   turrn signal kills battery ?   Sep 2 2006, 10:27 AM
Dr Evil   Yup, tis the way they are naturally wired and I ha...   Sep 2 2006, 10:30 AM
jsteele22  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:12 PM