Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ARRRGGGGGGG! KB p/c's, New pistons are too small for slightly used cylinders...
ptravnic
post Sep 7 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 747
Region Association: None

the shop honing my ~10k mile old 96mm cylinders is telling me the brand new pistons are going to be loose in the cylinders! WTF, the original KB set of p/c's is what was in the original engine. I've been planning re-honing the cylinders and using a new set of KB pisons w/new rings...

WHY does God hate me? Is boring out 93mm or 94mm pistons & maatching them up to the pistons the only way to go?

HELP!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ptravnic   ARRRGGGGGGG! KB p/c's   Sep 7 2006, 01:00 PM
tdgray   Dumb question. Can you get Oversized Rings for th...   Sep 7 2006, 01:10 PM
ptravnic   I dunno but don't think so. Probablly want th...   Sep 7 2006, 01:17 PM
McMark   Bad idea. Piston to cylinder clearance is importan...   Sep 7 2006, 01:33 PM
ptravnic   That is what I was afraid of... This is only for ...   Sep 7 2006, 02:17 PM
Mark Henry   Have Mark send them to Rimco (in CA) for boring. M...   Sep 7 2006, 02:31 PM
ptravnic  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 01:25 AM