Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Volkswagen attacked my shop ! Need help ! ...
johannes
post Sep 13 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #1

Club Porsche 914 France President

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

Hi all you lawyers. Just received this mail from Cafepress.

Dear Shopkeeper,

Thank you for using CafePress.com!

In accordance with our Intellectual Property Rights Policy, Gregory D. Phillips, on behalf of Volkswagen of America, Inc. provided us with a notice stating that your use of images bearing the distinctive shape of the Classic and New Volkswagen vehicles, the VW Emblem and/or other VW trademarks and trade dress infringes upon their intellectual property rights (trademark/copyright). Please click here for more information about intellectual property.

Accordingly, we have set the content that is alleged to infringe the rights of the third party to “pending status” which disables said content from being displayed in your shop or purchased by the public. You may review the content set to pending status by logging into your CafePress.com account and clicking on the “Media Basket” link. The content set to pending status will be highlighted red.

If you believe that you hold the rights to the content alleged to infringe the rights of the third party, we encourage you to contact the alleged rights holder directly for a resolution to this matter. Below please find the contact information for the party alleging infringement.

We realize that you are a dedicated fan and are expressing such through your art work, as only a true fan could. That being said, feel free to contact Volkswagen of America directly to voice your concerns about not being able to express you true love for the automobile. You are, after all, part of the fan base and, more importantly, part of the purchasing public and have assisted in creating greater sales of the automobiles, and have helped elevate the VW properties to their current cult status. Please find the contact information for Volkswagen of America and their representative below if you want to share your concerns.

Law offices of Howard, Phillips & Andersen

Gregory Phillips

560 East 200 South, Suite 300

Salt Lake City, UT 84102

gdp@hpalaw.com

We apologize for any inconvenience that our actions may cause you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

I don't care about the shop ( I did'nt sold anything on cafepress ). I will close the shop anyway ... but this can also happen to my other T-shirts shop garage.spreadshirt.com.

They banned my hand made 914 designs, my "just drive it" parody ... they also banned my 914 shape !!! yep NARP ... just a VW ...
I don't understand. They banned some designs and not some others ? What do I risk ? What should I answer if I am contacted again for my spreadshirt shop ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
johannes   Volkswagen attacked my shop ! Need help ! ...   Sep 13 2006, 04:11 PM
Cap'n Krusty   Trust me, they have more money and lawyers than yo...   Sep 13 2006, 04:22 PM
black73   I'm not a lawyer but I do know Ford hired the ...   Sep 13 2006, 04:23 PM
turboman808   I find it weird that they would even care?!?...   Sep 13 2006, 04:27 PM
LowGT  
  Sep 13 2006, 05:26 PM
GWN7   Porsche just hasn't gotten around to you yet ;...   Sep 13 2006, 05:29 PM
George H.   well since you can't sell them anymore just sh...   Sep 13 2006, 05:51 PM
alpha434   Your vending is somewhat protected on this site. A...   Sep 13 2006, 06:46 PM
Spoke  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:05 PM