Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel System Thread, AN-6 Plumbing for my /6
billd
post Sep 13 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,145

I finally got some time over the long weekend a few weeks ago to plumb the fuel system for my /6. I'd appreciate any comments experienced club members may have.

When I did my /4 I used 5/16 stainless tube and just clamped rubber hose to the tube. For my /6, I decided to be a bit more professional. I ran 3/8 steel tube and used AN-6 fittings throughout the high-pressure section - from the pump output to the return tube. I used hard line wherever possible. There are just three sections of Aeroquip socketless hose (I like this better than braided stainless): to the engine fuel rails, from the engine fuel rails, and from the pump to the line through the tunnel.

The lines for the tunnel start under the tank as shown in this photo. The supply line is flared and connected to socketless hose with AN connectors. The return line has a 5/16 rubber hose clamped to it. The other end clamps to the return tube on the tank.
Attached Image

The other end of the tunnel lines are bent around the /6 engine mount and connected via AN-6 unions to hard line that runs to bulkhead fittings in the sheet metal on the edge of the engine compartment.
Attached Image

The supply line runs up through the sheet metal near the firewall to a second fuel filter (third if you count the sock in the tank) mounted on the fire wall.
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
billd   Fuel System Thread   Sep 13 2006, 06:56 PM
billd   The return line runs up through the sheet metal un...   Sep 13 2006, 07:03 PM
billd   Finally, here's the mounting of the fuel pump ...   Sep 13 2006, 07:08 PM
billd   So what were the lessons learned from this project...   Sep 13 2006, 07:16 PM
Aaron Cox   looks good! Are you gonna weld in the motor m...   Sep 13 2006, 07:19 PM
billd  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:15 AM