Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Car Barely Turns Over When Starting ..., and make a horrendous noise - HELP
vesnyder
post Sep 22 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,933

My 914 over the past couple days has been getting harder and harder to start and I assumed it was the battery. I charged the battery and the starting issue got worse? Today I went and tried to start and the motor sounded like a bucket of bolts when starting, but finally started and ran fine. After shutting down and trying to restart it made terrible noises, turned over very slowly and finally did not start. When turning over the noise was horrible? What could the issue be? It sounded so bad I checked to see if there was oil in the car? The oil looked dirty so I will change to see if there is anything funny in the oil? ANY IDEAS WHAT IT COULD BE?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
vesnyder   Car Barely Turns Over When Starting ...   Sep 22 2006, 08:07 AM
gary gartner   the cranking issue could be a bad tranny to body g...   Sep 22 2006, 08:33 AM
Bleyseng   bad starter?   Sep 22 2006, 08:36 AM
mikez   Just charging a bad battery still gets you a bad b...   Sep 22 2006, 08:36 AM
URY914   Take the valves covers off and look at the valves ...   Sep 22 2006, 08:38 AM
DNHunt   I know where I start when I have a funny noise. I ...   Sep 22 2006, 08:40 AM
startsw/p   Look to see if the starter motor has come loose fr...   Sep 22 2006, 09:29 AM
vesnyder   Turned by hand and no funny noises, so I push star...   Sep 22 2006, 09:32 AM
Travis Neff  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 09:13 PM