Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Poll- Declaring a vehicle for less then you sold it, Will my friend burn in hell?
Ever declare a vehicle for less then you sold/bought?
What statement do you feel you most resemble?
Yeah I've done it. [ 27 ] ** [41.54%]
Yeah, I'll do it again, sucker. [ 21 ] ** [32.31%]
That type of indiscretion gets my panties in a bunch [ 4 ] ** [6.15%]
I don't do well with long jail sentences [ 8 ] ** [12.31%]
DMV is the man [ 5 ] ** [7.69%]
Total Votes: 65
Guests cannot vote 
highways
post Oct 6 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,296

So this isn't for me, but a friend selling an expensive car, and finally they found a buyer. Thing is buyer is asking for some help by declaring the vehicle for about half of the sale price. Car is rather new and not cheap. Friend wants to help buyer (mostly just to get the damn thing sold, it's been forever) but also is scared of the legality of reporting low figures to DMV. I'm doubly worried for them because it's a fairly new car and the value would be pretty well established I'd think. What's the skinny?

Edit:
Also this buyer is saying that some bonified dealers have been extending this 'arrangement' for him under the pretense that another car was traded, hence the low money value exchange. Could this be true? How's a private seller supposed to compete with dealers who pull this stuff?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
highways   Poll- Declaring a vehicle for less then you sold it   Oct 6 2006, 11:01 PM
chilli  
  Oct 7 2006, 05:17 PM
JPB   :agree: And as they do, we need to look good on pa...   Oct 7 2006, 05:41 PM
wbergtho  
  Oct 8 2006, 02:03 AM
Michael J   WA DMV figured this out years ago. In favor of th...   Oct 8 2006, 10:16 AM
Howard   I have a firm policy of never committing fraud unl...   Oct 8 2006, 10:43 AM
grantsfo   Let your "freind" know there will be a s...   Oct 9 2006, 05:35 PM
Andyrew   You can transfer the title as a gift. I did my bik...   Oct 9 2006, 06:27 PM
mudfoot76  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 09:57 AM