Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trying to I.D. my rear vented rotors, need help please
dion9146
post Oct 10 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,071
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm getting some pulsating coming from my rear vented rotors, and the thickness is right at 19mm, so I might as well replace them. I measured the runout this weekend, and it is coming in at .015" - that's a small number but it's still causing pulsating under braking once the brakes get heated up. Plus, I can hear the occassional squeek coming from the rears under braking in a pulsating sound. So again, I'm replacing the rotors.

My struggle comes with identifying what kind of rotors these are off of. I removed one of them this weekend and could not find a part number anywhere. The measure in at 285mm diameter (11.25 inches) with a current thickness of 19mm. That tells me they probably started life as 20mm. I also believe my rear calipers are M's.

So, I either have 69-73 vented rears or 74-77 / 78-83 vented rears, but I don't know if there are diameter differences between these options. Can someone help me figure out what I have so I can order new ones?

Thanks,

Dion

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dion9146   Trying to I.D. my rear vented rotors   Oct 10 2006, 07:43 PM
davep   I'm not positive, but I'd guess that the r...   Oct 10 2006, 08:04 PM
dion9146  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:54 AM