Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Who helps the little guy?, Against bastards like Bank Of America
bondo
post Oct 13 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

Back story:

A few years ago I had a high rate credit card, and got an offer from fleet/fusion for a credit card with a promotion of a low rate on balance transfers, and the rate on the interest of the balance transfer was good for the life of tha balance, as long as stayed within the limit, kept the account open, and made payments on time.

It seemed like a good deal, so I applied and got a $8000 limit, which I filled with a balance transfer from a higher rate card. All was good, and it's saved me plenty of money.

A couple years later, I get a notice from B of A saying they bought fleet/fusion. They also sent me a bunch of "terms and agreements", but of course it gave no choice. It was "Agree or close the account". I couldn't close the account because I didn't have $7000. I didn't really "Agree" any more than a mugee agrees to hand over his wallet to a mugger. One of the things they change was my purchase intrest rate, which went from around 18% to 29.24%. It was pretty obvious that they didn't really want me as a customer, but I came with the package from fleet/fusion. I didn't use the card for purchases, so the change in rate didn't affect me.

Fast forward to last month:

The due date (to bank of america) was 9/20. I sent the payment on 9/15. They say it posted to my account on 9/27. They charged me a $39 late fee, and said starting next month the rate on my promotional balance would revert from 8.25% to my regular purchase APR of 29.24%. My balance has been paid down to about $6k at this point.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blowup.gif)

Of course I call to complain. They happily remove the late fee. They won't budge on the killing of the promotional rate. I did the standard "let me talk to your supervisor" bit. They say that in their terms and agreements they have up to 7 business days to process the payment, not including usps transit time. I went on to promise them I will do everything I can to fight this, and that they would be much better off having me as a happy customer than an unhappy ex-customer. That was met with silence, and then a "Is there anything else I can help you with"?

So I'd like to do whatever I can to make B of A hurt as much as possible. (Within the law of course) I'm tempted to file bankruptcy, just so I wouldn't have to give them any more money. Heck, it may come to that because of this highway robbery intrest rate jump. It just went from being my lowest rate card to being my highest. Getting another loan/card isn't really an option as my debt to income ratio is terrible right now.

There are so many experts in so many fields here on this non-club-club-LLC, I'm hoping somebody will have some advice for me. I also of course want to get the word out to AVOID BANK OF AMERICA at all costs!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
bondo   OT: Who helps the little guy?   Oct 13 2006, 03:58 PM
mikez   I closed an account at a bank (Security Pacific) t...   Oct 13 2006, 04:16 PM
Lou W   Apply for amother credit card offering a balance t...   Oct 13 2006, 04:41 PM
blitZ   I've had similar problems with them, BoA is th...   Oct 13 2006, 05:40 PM
riverman   A friend of mine did something once that 'sort...   Oct 13 2006, 05:48 PM
JPB  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:04 AM