Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Won't start, Need you sage advice
Michael J
post Oct 14 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #1

Welcome to 2007

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,166

I have a '73 D Jet 2 liter. It is a new engine in my '72 and has been starting and running OK since I installed it 3 months ago. I drove it up to the Puget Sound Tuesday dinner and all worked well. I drove it to work Thursday and it started OK but for the first couple of minutes it would just cut out - like it was running out of gas. Coasting in gear it would finally start and once it was warm there was no problem running or starting.

Today it has got worse. It turns over and as soon as it starts it will die. Sometimes it will run for 2 or 3 seconds and then die.

I read many of the "won't start" archive posts and have some things to check in the morning.

Any thoughts? It sounds like a fuel issue but I will check the CHT connection and ground connections in general. I will check the relay board. The car is tuned well so that should be ruled out.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Michael J   Won't start   Oct 14 2006, 11:05 PM
swl   woah - deja vue all over again check out rockinol...   Oct 15 2006, 07:08 AM
Joe Sharp  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 02:41 AM