Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OK 914 Gurus.........need theories, clutch sh*t the bed
East coaster
post Oct 15 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 487
Region Association: None

Took my 914 for a casual cruise today (means I didn't hit triple digits or leave any rubber patches) and I was cruising along at about 35 mph and when I went for the clutch pedal it was dead.......just laying on the floor.

Here's what I've checked:

Clutch cable is OK, clutch tube is OK, pulley is OK, roll pin on pedal cluster is OK.

It seems like something between the clutch lever/fork and the clutch itself. It's a 915 tranny and the linkage is a little different than the typical 914/901 linkage. There's a small lever arm on a shaft that has the throwout bearing fork on it and I can wiggle this lever and hear some metallic rattling going on in the bellhousing. Could my throwout bearing have crapped out??

It happened while cruising in 3rd gear and it ran fine all the way home in 3rd and then I slipped into 2nd to make it up the driveway and the clutch remained engaged and I didn't hear any noises of any sort.

I'm afraid it's pull the tranny time, but I wanted to bounce it of the folks here for opinions???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:00 AM