Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> how to adjust brakes, how do you?
shaggy
post Nov 11 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #1

mechanic/welder/fabricator

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,869
Region Association: None

i just replaced all 4 corners.
rebuilt front hubs. changed rotors.
changed front calipers.
changed rear calipers.
changed rear rotors.

i bled the brakes 2 times.

the brakes feel soft.
i will press on the pedal but they wont engage firmly but if they were pumped they they would engage better, but they still arent what they should be. they feel like they need to build up pressure. im sure there is no air in the lines, ive bled then twice and the second time found only clear streams of fluid.

i have the stock brake set up with the 17mm master cylinder.

im using ceramic front pads.
and organic backs.

as i was bleeding the brakes there was a rubber line on the back(toward the driver) side of the resivoir that had broken off. i couldnt figure what it was going to so i just capped it.

anyone have any idea whats going on?
thanks
-jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
shaggy   how to adjust brakes   Nov 11 2006, 09:36 PM
Elliot Cannon   Sound like you still got some air in there. Keep ...   Nov 11 2006, 10:25 PM
terrymason   My understanding is that if you can pump up the br...   Nov 11 2006, 11:41 PM
So.Cal.914   Did you adjust the PB on the rear calipers? If not...   Nov 11 2006, 11:55 PM
shaggy   how do i adjust the PB(?) on the rear brakes? loo...   Nov 12 2006, 02:02 AM
Spoke  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 02:28 AM