Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Nobody knows these cars
Hammy
post Nov 14 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #1

mr. Wonderful

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,978
Region Association: Northern California

I just don't understand. It seems like very few mechanics understand these engines.

First engine I had in my car. I took it to a reputable shop who claimed to specialize in import vehicles, including German cars.

That mechanic ended up burning up the engine. Lost 3 grand to that guy.

Took the same engine to a simple domestic car place and they had it running the best it's ever run but claimed the engine would not last long because of previous mechanic.
Sure enough, enough gave up months later.

I have another 1.7 in the car now and took it down to a different, but very reputable Porsche/BMW/Jag shop that's been in business for years.
These guys couldn't even figure out if the engine had hydraulic lifters (it does, but they found out only after I insisted it did).

Now they're telling me it's got low compression on one side and they're having trouble with a lifter. They're saying they'd have to drop the engine to get to the lifters.

I'm not positive, I don't know much about these engines, but from I've read that's total BS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

I'm just about ready to give up, store the 914 at my mom's, and save for a Raby kit and have it assembled by someone I KNOW knows these engines.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 09:58 AM