Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> WOT, NPC: What I did last Sat night, Tooka a break from the books to play
Dr Evil
post Nov 15 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Every year the med school holds a multi cultural show for charity and every year it is over run with dance acts. I tried to do it last year and found that I was getting irritated with the management due to the lack of interest in anything American. I offered to do a blues set and a flamenco set and they only wnated the flamenco. I told them that blues is the root of all modern music and is 100% African American = culture. They ignored me as I woudl nto fal lin line so I opted out. This year my class was in charge so I again tried the same two acts. This time I had much success. Not only did they like my acts (also becasue it was not dancing) but they asked if I would play some jazz in the back ground during intermission (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) It was a good time. My blues act sucked as I was not ready when they opened the curtain on me (not plugged in, back to the audience, bent over..). I ran through it fast. The other acts kicked major ass and I got a lot of accolades form the crowd. Many people were wondering why I am in med school instead of on the road (if only (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ).

I figured I would share this with my extended family (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dr Evil   WOT, NPC: What I did last Sat night   Nov 15 2006, 05:54 PM
turboman808   penniesless musician or rich doctor. Hard choice....   Nov 15 2006, 06:05 PM
KaptKaos   Next year, rebuild a tranny for them on-stage and ...   Nov 15 2006, 06:09 PM
Dr Evil  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 10:50 AM