Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> still stripping paint... how clean before por15 etc?, getting tired and thinking of just painting over instead
snflupigus
post Nov 18 2006, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,163
Region Association: None

I am thinking of sanding a bit more to get everything smoothed out then prepping and painting instead of taking the both trunks and interior down to metal in every nook and corner... how bad is it to get sanded but not bare metal everywhere.

i think i've gone overboard trying to strip these areas to metal since i'm not sure what is necessary or ENOUGH prep before painting over it all again.

i keep trying to remind myself that it will mostly be covered in carpet anyway... but i'm anal and a perfectionist... i just think its costing me wasted time and i'm tired sanding.

~700 to have a car media blasted? maybe its time to drop that coin vs sanding for an hour or two a night.

any walkthroughs on what your trunks/floors looked like before, during prep, before por15 and after and then after paint??? how much irregularities in the surface (old paint etc.. undernieth) shows after paint?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 03:50 PM