Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New 914 owner..... basket case!
QSL914
post Nov 20 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,238

Well, I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I live in Southern Corona in California. I have had muscle cars just about all my life. I sold my last car so I could focus on my hobby of 1/4 scale RC cars ( www.quarterscalelegends.com ) I have been getting the bug for a new project and came across a deal the other day that I just could not pass up. It is a 1974 914 rolling chassis. I have the hoods, doors... everything but the motor, trans and interior. Its a good solid roller, but is going to be a ton of work. My plan is to do the V8 conversion, fender flares and a classy porsche interior done in tan leather.... all on a budget. I want to spend about 6-8k on this car doing pretty much all of it myself. I am going to need a bunch of help from you guys, so I hope you are willing. This is not going to be a fad for me, its going to get done and I hope to have a engine and trans in within the next 6 months. First step is media blasting. I am thinking of the baking soda blast. Anyone have a good in-expensive contact in so cal?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
QSL914   New 914 owner..... basket case!   Nov 20 2006, 12:28 PM
Headrage  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:36 AM