Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Concerts, Just for fun...
Lavanaut
post Nov 22 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Since today is a virtual Friday for many of us, thought I'd throw this one out there just for fun. Try to choose a single answer for each question...yes, the latter two are tough.

1. What was the first concert you saw and when?

2. What's the best concert you've seen and when?

3. If you could see the concert of your dreams, who would it be? Choose an opening act and a headliner. Yes, they can be defunct and/or dead. Qualify a band's time frame too if you like (e.g. "'79 Olivia Newton John open for Metallica in '82"). Anything goes. Except that answer, yikes.

Me:

1. Los Lobos, '83 @ Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO. I didn't pick this concert, but it was a fun first concert experience...I was 8 at the time. This was right around when those guys got big as a result of La Bamba coming out. They're a sweet band to this day. Whatever happened to Lou Diamond Phillips anyway?

2. Extremely tough question, but I'll go with Tool @ The Mammoth in Denver, 1996. I was completely caught off-guard and blown away by the power and intensity of those guys that night. I had seen them earlier in '92 on a side stage at the first Lollapalooza, but it wasn't until seeing them in a proper venue as the headliners that I really came to understand the talent they have. Thinking back on it gives me goosebumps, no shit.

3. Can't think about this one too hard, it hurts my brain. Quick answer: late '80s Janes Addiction opening for Mid '70s (Rumors era) Fleetwood Mac. Seen both bands, but would have liked to have seen the height of their brilliance. Hell while I'm at it I'd like a 1959 Miles Davis playing between sets. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Enjoy the long weekend all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Lava
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 01:22 PM