Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ah Geez, pulled an exhaust stud, what are my options...
Britain Smith
post Nov 24 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #1

Nano Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

Well, I actually thought I was making progress again on my turbo type-4 motor. I had everything mounted up and was working on the wiring and routing of the oil lines. Last thing I needed to do was to tighten up my stub pipes and bolts on the exhaust...and then it happened. I was torquing the last stub pipe on and I felt it give a little bit and there it goes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

So, here I am...I decided to take a little breather. Is there anything I can do without pulling the head off? I am pretty sure I will be going that route, but I thought I would ask. I am kicking myself in the ass for not getting this done before I bolted them on. I have half the sense to pull both heads and get them both done.

Those LE220 heads from Jake are looking better and better these days (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) ...but I have to stay on track and budget...

-Britain
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Britain Smith   Ah Geez, pulled an exhaust stud   Nov 24 2006, 01:39 AM
Britain Smith   While I remember, does anyone have the torque spec...   Nov 24 2006, 01:40 AM
SGB   Britain- Oh thats a sinking feeling isn't it? ...   Nov 24 2006, 08:48 AM
jasons   You can try an EZ Out, but it will probably just b...   Nov 24 2006, 09:53 AM
Gint   Drill out the broken stud (or otherwise remove the...   Nov 24 2006, 11:05 AM
Krieger914   :smash: One little tip that can possibly help: bef...   Nov 24 2006, 12:53 PM
Elliot Cannon   I just recently had the same exact problem. Drill...   Nov 24 2006, 12:53 PM
Britain Smith   I didn't cross thread the stud or screw up the...   Nov 24 2006, 03:06 PM
Gint  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 02:56 PM