Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Phase II of the 914-6 race car transition starts today
grantsfo
post Dec 2 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #1

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

Kicked off phase II of my small bore race car project. Dropped the car off a couple hours ago.

I bit the bullet and I'm going route of a more thorough rebuild with the shop working on my car. We found some nice new Mahle 2.4 911 S cylinders and pistons ($$$ ouch). Dang those pistons and pins are light! Completely rebuilding heads and having them drilled for twin plug crankfire ignition. Will be going with hot cam setup TBD. Running about 10.5 to 1 compression.

Should make 230 HP with one plug standard ignition and a bit more with twin plugs! This little motor should do ok in propelling my roughly 2000 lb car.

Depending on my budget I may just go with standard ignition and run one plug to start and then upgrade to crankfire with twin plugs. Engine rebuild will be finished by mid January due to Holidays.

Rebuilt 901 tranny with MSX gears will hang off the back of the motor. Thinking about a LSD, but I'm unsure that it will fit my budget now.

When the car gets home I will be gutting doors and the rest of the interior for weight savings. Shopping for a race seat.

I think my car will actually be fast enough for me to get a wing now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
grantsfo   Phase II of the 914-6 race car transition starts today   Dec 2 2006, 07:00 PM
Randal  
  Dec 3 2006, 12:13 AM
Dan (Almaden Valley)   Gary as in Gary Dielacher of GD racing. I presume...   Dec 3 2006, 12:45 AM
trekkor   Sounds really good. i may have to step up :idea: ...   Dec 3 2006, 02:23 AM
brant   I was factoring the price of the full motor and al...   Dec 3 2006, 02:09 PM
Brad Roberts   Whoa.. buy a used 3.0 and have it freshened instea...   Dec 4 2006, 01:52 PM
grantsfo  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 11:28 AM