Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Very disappointed, am I loosing time on my car?
VINCE
post Dec 5 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #1

VINCE

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,245

I feel very bad tonight. I bought my first 914 one month ago. I am working on it every evening since one month and sometimes until midnight (it is very cold in my garage)... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I think I am loosing time. The more I do, the worst it is. The L-jetronic make me crazy (the 914 is a stock 1.8L from 75).
For example, the engine was runnig two days ago (only on idle because if I tried to open throttle the engine was dying): my cold start valve was OK. And tonight, the cold start valve is not working anymore!!! What is wrong? I don't understand.
It seems I have fuel pressure because when I disconnect the fuel pressure regulator I see a fuel spray. I don't understand how this cold start valve is working. Wich sensor is related to the cold start valve?
It is the same thing for the 4 other injectors... I have no fuel spray.

I have tested (according the Haynes diagnostic method) the air intake sensor
and the throttle body and they are OK.
The only thing I am dubious is the temperature sensor II. Where is it? How I disconect it?

I really need to fix it quickly because it is my daily driver. Should I carb? With what carbs? I need the car run in winter but I don't need more hp. Is it possible to find and adapt 40 PDSI? Can I find manifold and throttle linkage for 40PDSI quickly?
Should I try to continue fix my L-Jetronic?
Should I buy an other car?

Please, help me. I am sure some of you have been in the same situation.

Thanks

Vince
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
VINCE   Very disappointed   Dec 5 2006, 10:44 PM
bd1308   Dont focus on the small little things--step back a...   Dec 5 2006, 11:05 PM
jd74914   Check the grounds. Most electrical problems revolv...   Dec 5 2006, 11:10 PM
Dave_Darling   The cold start valve (CSV) dumps raw fuel into the...   Dec 6 2006, 12:05 AM
Mark Garriott   Go to http://www.ratwell.com Especially limping h...   Dec 6 2006, 12:48 AM
VINCE   Thank you very much for your advice. I feel more c...   Dec 6 2006, 09:43 AM
Vacca Rabite   Hi Vince, Hope you get everyhting fixed up. I k...   Dec 6 2006, 10:28 AM
double-a   i had some of the same problems with my 1.8, and i...   Dec 6 2006, 11:01 AM
VINCE   One more a night in my garage for nothing... I hav...   Dec 7 2006, 07:41 AM
Mid_Engine_914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:01 AM