Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: I have an electronics project, I need partners/techers/mentors/guides
McMark
post Mar 6 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I've been dreaming of an iPod accessory for awhile and haven't known how to go about it. I'm hoping to find a few people who know more than me to help clear some things up, maybe lend a hand in development.

The plan is that I would like to create an DIN sized external display screen for my iPod. I would like to be able to plug cable into the iPod and display the current track name, artist, album and timer on the external monitor. This way I can leave the iPod in the glovebox, use an RF remote and still see what's playing.

There are stereos that will hook up to an iPod, but generally they don't show song information without an expensive add on module.

I've found descriptions of the dock connector, the serial iPod interface, and have looked at serial LCD displays. But I'm not sure how to bring these pieces together. Anyone interested in helping? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:19 PM