Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine is stripped, now I need help!!!, Engine
KJJ-74-914
post Nov 30 2003, 06:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,401

I just stripped the engine of the harnesses, vac lines, intake amnifold/injectors and sheet metal. The reason for pulling the engine was oil leaks. Engine runs great, has only 3000 or so miles, but stated leaking oil so i wanted a winter project of sealing it up better.

Now I have the following list of questions/concerns:

1. The engine was caked with oil under the air intake butterfly area, where would oil come from to end up here?

2. The engine cooling system (flaps and thermostatic tensioner) had been disconnected by the previous owner, there is a ton of caked up oil under the flap. Where can I get parts to make this system functional and where would this oil come from? The oil cooler seals?

3. What is the stock color of the sheet metal, mine is near perfect, but could use some touch up. What paint matches factory?

4. The intake manifold itself had quite a bit of oil in it. Where would this be from?

5. I plan on blasting and painting or powder coating the intake runners. What color is stock and what is acceptable (I dont' want to de-value the car)

6. The injectors look good, but who do you recommend for cleaning and flowing, or what should I clean them with?

7. Where can I get new injector seals, manifold runner tube seals, and new plastic clips that hold the hoses and wires to the engine?

I realize this is alot of info, but if you have an answer or two, maybe several people could help answer them all.

I'll post pictures of the car when my DSL is back working. The car is near mint!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kirk
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:55 AM