Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thermo Time Switch, Purpose
2-OH!
post May 7 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,253

I have already sent this to Brad Anders, but I decided I would like your opinion as well...

Going thru hell with 1973 - 1.7 D-Jet running awful from 0 to 180 degrees (oil temp)...Bucks, snorts, spits, unstable RPM, all before 180...Runs OK (not great but OK), after 180...

Newly rebuilt MPS (Bleyseng), switched ECU's with known good unit, no help...

Newly purchased from Pelican, Head Temp Sensor shows 3.16 OHMS...Old HTS shows 3.65 OHMS...

Currently re-sealing all intake runners, plenum, TB, etc. looking for vacuum leaks...While I had the Thermo-Time sensor off the block, I checked it with an OHM meter both hot and garage temp (approx. 75 degrees) and got no reading at all...Indicating to me that the unit is open...

As I read the wirnig diagram, all the Thermo-Time switch does is complete the ground for the Cold Start valve and therefore would not effect starts in 70 degree weather...

Is that your intrepretation of the Thermo Switch...If so, I can eliminate that as a possible source of my trouble...

Thanks,

2-OH!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:48 PM