Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Carpet for my '74
Rav914
post May 11 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #1

All-weather fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,669
Region Association: None

I read through all six pages and checked out every thread on carpet. But none address, unless I missed it, the carpet color in the picture below.

The interior is from the '74 1.8 I just bought from the original owner. This is the carpet that came with the car and I can't find a match anywhere. The actual color is a little darker than pictured, as what 's exposed has faded a little over time. Also, there are threads throughout the weave that are slightly lighter giving it a two-tone effect, similar to sliverknit.

I want to replace the carpet due to age and it smells a little musty. I've struck out everywhere. World upholstery says it's aftermarket because the backing is unlike any they have in stock. The backing is clear, by the way. I doubt this is aftermarket as the woman I bought it from bought this car right out of college and drove it sparingly. The only mod is the period ADS speakers in the doors and the Concord stereo cassette player (that felt like a kick in the teeth when I saw those). Plus the degree of fading convinces me it's the original stuff.

Anyone have an idea on what would be the best match? World Uph has a nice tan color but I dig the original stuff. Which is why this forum is great!

Thanks

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:11 PM