Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another clutch question, Clutch Guru's HELP Please - Let's start at the top
tracks914
post May 12 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

Last year when I was adjusting my clutch I got to a point where the clutch pedal was engaging at the right spot but if I pushed it any further it would get REALLY easy as if I went past the center point of the clutch springs. When I let it out it engages OK but I always have this feeling that I am going to run out of disk soon.
I got a new disk and was getting ready to put it in. I pulled the tranny this AM and took the clutch apart.
I took the old one out and found it was almost as thick as the new one. New one .380" - 9.60mm old one .375" - 9.45mm.
Now I measured the depth of my flywheel from the plain where the clutch assemby bolts on (shoulder) to the running surface of the flywheel. The one on the car .940". The spare I have .890" - .050" difference.
Then I measured the clutch assemblies pressure plate thickness. .380" - .388" and .390".
Then I measured the clutch assemblies from the bolt mating surface to the pressure surface. .670" - .650" and .665".
All the clutch parts look in good shape. The only wear is on the one I took off the car, the springs are slightly worn where the pilot bearing rides on it.
Now I am going over to my shop to measure the flywheel on my torn apart project car.
Anyone have any numbers on the topic that can help?
I want to add, I did both clutch tube repairs 2 years ago so I am not getting cable stretch in the tunnel.
Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 02:11 PM