Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: 97 v6 passat clutch issue, double checking mechanics advice
lotus_65
post Jun 14 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,795
Region Association: Northstar Region

My 16 year old son bought a '97 passat vr6 wagon w85k for a nice price, so he knew there may be issues. I wasn't invited to the purchase party and his mom didn't have it checked out before buying...

ANYWAY,

The clutch stopped working on him and I looked at the pedal assy. I found the clutch pedal has a square welded boss that holds a cable I am assuming is the actuator. The boss was broken (looks like it was cobbed by the PO, it was scratched and mis-shapened and there was evidence of sloppy work there) so I calmed him down and felt like there may be more to do, but the car is back on the road with a new pedal.

We took it to a shop in the area and left it to him and his Mom to figure out.
They want about $200 with diagnostics, a new pedal and labor. That price includes the all-mysterious "clutch flush".

Is it a hydraulic clutch in this car?

Also, because it was his Mom, they're trying to sell them a thousand dollar brake job... I drove the car and it may need pads, but that's it.

I'm smelling the "dumb women special" because of that.

Anyone help out today?

Thanks
paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 03:53 PM