Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I got it running!, But......
Cjllong
post Jul 14 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,862

Hello all,

So, a new fuel pump, double relay, computer, and other stuff, I finally got my 914 running. I replaced the throttle valve switch with another I just happened to have around, and it started up. But, it died a few minutes later when I moved some wires. AH HAAA! I thought, a bad ground. I found the bad ground in terminal 85 of the double relay. (I had suspected it prior.) I spliced the wire just outside the relay box and wired in a small jumper cable, but also wired the original back together. I connected the jumper to a ground, (metal portion of the vehicle) and the car roared to life again! Here's where it gets weird. I followed the original ground wire to one of the three ground wires located on the passenger side, below the intake. I disconnected it and the motor died. I reconnected it, and it lived. Then I disconnected the jumper, and it died. I reconnected it, and it lived. In short, both grounds need to be connected in order for the engine to run. I tested the original wire with an ohm meter it tested good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Any ideas on what's wrong here? Also, the engine wants to die when I push the throttle only a little bit. If I push it far enough, it kicks in and then I can slowly bring it back down again. The motor also idles rough. Is there a way to fine tune the idle? You guys have been a great help so far, keep the ideas comming!

Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:51 AM