Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Burnt clutch again!, Any V-8 guys have bad luck with KEP too?
wbergtho
post Aug 14 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

I have had my trans off & on so many times in search of a clutch package that will hold 470 ft lbs of torque (I've seen alot more...BTW) and all I wind up with are scorched pressure plates and burnt out discs. Last time KEP told me that they had to rebuild my entire 930 pressure plate and sold me their 6 puck racing disc...which coupled to a stage 1 pp...will hold 700 ft lbs of torque! Well....it did not!!!!! It lasted about 1.5 months of street driving and 7 runs at the drag strip. Sorry KEP, I'm not getting my moneys worth. I'm thinking of buying a Centerforce pp to see if is better that KEP's junk. Maybe a clutchnet disc...Hell, I'd rather put bubble gum in my bell housing before I try another KEP piece of shit! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 05:47 PM