Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Looking for a Road Bike
BahnBrenner914
post Sep 1 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #1

The girl is gone and all I have now is a beat-up teener

Group: Members
From: Gig Harbor and University Place, WA :: School in Angola, IN :: girlfriend in Sarasota, FL
Member No.: 2,094
Region Association: None

So I'm here at College in Angola, IN and my fiesta is getting a new head in Virginia (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (refer to my summer roadathon thread), so I figure now is the time to look around for a good road bike to get around town, save gas, and stay fit.

So here's the deal. I dont have a lot of money, but I'm willing to shell out about 300 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif) max so I get something decent that wont fall apart on me. I have a 30-31" inseam which is a 56cm frame (yes?).

Nobody here in town has roadbikes new or used except the Schwinn dealer, which from my friends who ride say isnt the best place to do business. And as far as craigslist (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) and such, there's pretty slim pickings for anything within an hour of here (which is as far as I'd ask my roomates to drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) ).

The other option is Ebay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) . There are a few roadbikes new and used for around 300 like a mercier (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (which I've never heard of but apparently was lance armstrong's first bike?). Also some used bikes from 200 to 300 and the GMC (?!?) bikes that are somewhere in the 100's.

Ideas, comments, wisdom? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 09:57 PM