Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ignorant Gauge questions, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BMXerror
post Sep 21 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

Hey all. I've got a '70 with practically no instrumentation. There's a tach, a speedo, and a "combo" gauge with a fuel gauge, gen. light (yellow?) and an oil pressure light (Green?). I'm trying to change this by adding CHT, Oil Temperature, and Oil Pressure gauges.
Stupid question here, but where do you tie the oil gauges into the system? Do I have to make up some fittings for the temp gauge, or is there an unused port somewhere on the engine?
Also, the dual pressure sender that I got from Pelican comes out into what looks like two oil fittings, not two electrical tabs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
Finally, would there be a problem with cutting the CHT wires to size? They won't squeeze through the loom with the connectors on, but as I understand it, the CHT gauge works differently than others (VDO cockpit CHT gauge). I can solder pretty damn well, but I don't want to be messing with something I don't understand.
Any help on any or all of these would be great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Mark D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 08:36 AM