Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> TOO much compression, warning: long & boring story, i've got a couple options, what have you done?
orange914
post Oct 17 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

looks like i've added 1 too many cans of compression to my 2056 build...opps...
heres the deal. we're building a 2056 for my sons 1.7 that dropped a seat... this is kennys car and he's covering cost so we're doing it on a bit of a budget. got a good deal (from a great 914r here on the 914world) for the 2.0 short block, spent money (well worth it) on 2.0 heads, located ALOT of misc. needed like tin, intake conversion parts etc...
problem is the heads are 55cc and i will need a not recomendedly (is that a word?) thick set of cylinder shims to knock the k.b. flat top 96mm pistons compression down to 8.0-8.5:1. (around 0.1 thickness)
if we dont shim (or partially shim) we have a few recomended fixes and they are:
Or we cut toss a hemi-cut at the chambers.... As long as the CR stays up the hemi cut should help with tuning.

has anyone done this on 96mm k.b. flat tops or on the chambers, with what results +-?

mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 07:34 AM