Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Alternator question
East coaster
post Oct 22 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 487
Region Association: None

I had the alternator go bad in my 3.6 conversion a few months back and I replaced it with a new/rebuilt unit from Pelican. When it originally went bad I was driving to work and at first my stereo started spazzing out and then powered off and I figured my head unit was having a problem. I left it powered off and kept driving, then a couple more miles down the road it felt like I ran out of gas. Since I was sorta pushing reserve I realy thought I may have run out and I got a friend to bring me some gas, which I added only to realize my bettery was dead when I went to start it.

Bottom line......I got the car home and checked the voltage and as expected my alternator wasn't putting out.

I replaced the alternator and all has been good until today. I was driving to work and my stereo once again spazzed out.....this time I knew the warning signs and I turned around managed to get the car back home in the garage before it crapped out. Once I got home I shut it off and tried to restart it and click, click...nothing!

I'm assuming I've once again lost an alternator! Both times this has happened I was using lights, stereo and fresh air blower. I don't usually use all these at once, is it possible that the combo is taxing my alternator?? It shouldn't be because the 3.6 has (I think?) a 100 amp alt.

Any thoughts??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:35 AM