Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Won't Start, Got it Going!
warrenoliver
post Oct 23 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,199
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Help,

I posted on the "other" board also.

I need some help quick. I drove the car in to work today and it ran great. Went to start it this evening and it won't start. It turned over fine and fired a little once and then nothing - just cranks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
Car is a 73 2.0 with original fuel injection. I do not hear the fuel pump come on when I turn on the key. I checked and changed the fuse on the relay board. I swapped the relays for the heater blower motor with the fuel pump relay. Still nothing. The heater blower motor does come on. I did try the tip that George Hussey suggests in Tech Tips 700 "remove the top of the fuel pump relay and push the top of the elctromagnet. If the fuel pump operates, the relay board and fuel pump are good" - I could not hear the fuel pump come on when I did this, but it was hard to hear on the street with the traffic.
What now? Looks like I am gonna have to tow it tomorrow (if it is still there!) If it is the fuel pump, what do those usually cost - from a Porsche dealer?

Warrenoliver

Quick update:

I got it going this evening. I hooked up the fuel pump directly to the battery and still nothing so looks like the pump is bad. Then I whacked it a few times with a crescent wrench and it began pumping! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
The car started right up after that. I will be very nervous every time I shut it off wondering if it will start again.
Looks like I am in the market for a good used fuel pump.

Warrenoliver
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:19 AM