Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT, Impressions of Nederland (Netherlands)
stephenaki
post Nov 28 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #1

Can I get this one dad??

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,987
Region Association: None

OK, sitting here in Schipol waiting for my flight. Didn't get a chance to find Dutch jump wings for my buddy as I was not in a location that afforded me that opportunity.

I got here Monday and took a train then tram to the Carlton Beach Hotel in The Hague. Well I gotta tell you, its a really flat country! Canals everywhere big enough for 20 foot boats.

Maybe it was where I was at but I was not wholly impressed with the architecture, a lot of boxy industrial style housing, mostly apartment or row houses. People were nice and most spoke english though.

Weather was overcast windy, hence the reason they have so many windmills, and cool. Not overly cold, around 40-45 deg F.

The Tram ride through Den Haag to The Hague was interesting as you do pass through the old town which has the lions share of interesting architecture. I will have to plan a trip up here where I can actually do a bit more sightseeing and am not on a timeline due to business requirements.

No, I didn't wander around Amsterdam, next time! Just thought I would share my initial impression, this is the first time I actually made it out of Schipol airport. The last 10 or so times I was in Schipol last year I was just connecting either to Kuwait or back to the states. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, can't wait to get home to see the wife and play with my 2 year old.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 02:28 PM