Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More 1.7 D-Jet issues, Please help before I remove it!!
BK911
post Dec 7 2007, 07:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,674
Region Association: None

One reason I bought this car was because it still had the fuel injection. But now I am getting so frustrated trying to get it to run well, I am considering swapping the FI for carbs. Please help before I switch to carbs!

She runs well cold and hot, but not in-between. She will stall and is very difficult to restart. In fact, I have pushed her out of traffic on several occasions after she stalled at a red light. I wait a couple of minutes and she fires right back up.

I have a gunson and have set the CO to 2.5 at idle and 2500 rpm. And again, she runs well once hot. The AAR works. I swapped out the CHT even though the old one tested fine. I am thinking it’s the cold start valve. I disconnected the wire to the CSV last night and reset the CO to 2.5. I went for a ride, came home and shut off the car. Let the gunson calibrate then rechecked the CO. Very lean and wouldn’t run worth a crap. I am thinking I have a leaky CSV. It was leaking when I set the CO and stopped leaking when the car heated up? Can I remove it? How do you plug it? If I just remove the gas lines to it, will it leak air?

Is 2.5 a good number for the CO at idle and 2500 rpm?

I’d appreciate any help. Please help me keep this car original!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:56 AM