Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NPC: Spam and these boards and email lists, Any pattern you guys are seeing?
Malmz
post Jan 4 2004, 10:43 AM
Post #1

CSOBOSC founding member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 602

I use a dedicated address for my 914 lists. The only places I have it registered are here, Rennlist (but currently set to no mail), Yahoo Groups, and the Pors-chev list. I don't use my 914 address for Ebay or anything like that, I use my main address for everything else.

I'm definitly not saying they are farming emails from here, but it seems like I have started receiving spam to that account after I started being more involved here. I have been on the other lists for quite a while spam free.

So programmers, and lurking spammers. Are some list or email groups more vulnerable to farming email names?

Other users of these list. Are you seeing an increase of spam to a 914 dedicated email address? If so, which lists are you on? Looking for a pattern here.

sm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 03:32 PM