Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tough time idling when restart after short drives
p914
post Feb 1 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,117
Region Association: None

So I've got the rebuild pretty well smoothed out except for one little bug on the SDS. We talked with the guys at SDS and here's the situation.

I usually warm my car up about 5-10 minutes before driving. 75 2.0 now rebuilt to 2.7 (as some here have followed). I drive about 15 minutes to the grocery store and go in for about 10 -20 minutes and come back to restart and it starts but doesn't want to idle. Tends to cough and die out. SDS says air cooled engines have this problem with the system as the gas in the chamber evaporates out. I start it up and do a bit of pumping on the gas to keep it running (as suggested by SDS) and by the time I drive to the 1st stop light (maybe a minute or so it then has smoothed out and idles fine.)

I'm not using a stock intake. It's a Japanese Celica intake and we tried adjusting the air mixture a bit but to no avail yet. Also am going to get a CHT guage and oil pressure guage soon so I don't have that info yet. It will come with time. But, I don't think there's any serious overheating going on there.

Anybody got suggestions?

Tx
Eddie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 11:02 AM