Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shoulder Harness Attachment, Need help where they should be attached.
tac27
post Mar 8 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,987

My Dad and I are rebuilding a '72 4 cyl from the 1.7L to 2l; we would like to use the car for both autocross and road course. I've purhcased and installed an Autopower Industries roll cage. For the last PCA driver's education event we simply looped each of the harnesses to the horizontal bar running from one side of the car to the other just in front of the firewall. Unfortunately, I've bee told that the angle from my shoulder up to that bar is too high. So I've thought about getting a harness bar and installing it lower, but I've also been told that the SCCA won't allow looping the harnesses on to any bar for higher speed events, like club racing. My goal is to earn an SCCA licences, so I need the car to pass the '08 GCR. I've been told to attache them to the firewall using large washers, but my impression is that the firewall wouldn't provide much support. Can anyone provide pictures showing where the harnesses should be mounted to meet SCCA club racing rules? Any additional tips and tricks also very much appreciated. A suggestion has already been made to raise the seat mount, but I then have a problem fitting legs under the wheel and dash.

I've included a few pics.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Thanks in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:29 PM