Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is it a good thing when..., Water comes out of the seams inside the car?
A&PGirl
post Mar 19 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,367
Region Association: None

It rained very hard and almost continuously yesterday so I went out today to check the car. It had water where I usually see water and then where I have never seen it before. So, I vacuumed out the psgr's side then the driver's side. I noticed that the pedal cluster area was full of water despite the car sitting flat on the ground.

I cleared that out then worked on the water around the cross member. I cleaned it up on the front side and then turned to work on the rear. When I look back it is full of water again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I look forward into the pedal cluster area, it is full. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) So, I sucked the water up in the pedal cluster area and crawled over to the other side.

Attached Image

The water was right up against the center tunnel and across the front firewall. (Rust shows you). I cleaned it all out and water didn't appear again. I went back to the driver's cross member. This time I watched what happened after I sucked the water up. 30-50 seconds later, water came out of the cross member seam and long-to-floor seam and filled that area again.

Attached Image

I checked again same thing happened. What is going on?

The water came out of the cross members on both sides, the center tunnel and the driver's long-to-floor-cross member seam. There are no obvious holes or cracks, but there is surface rust where the water has come out.

I don't have a clue what is going on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:38 AM