Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Powdercoat or liquid paint...., that is the question.
wbergtho
post Apr 1 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

I have a set of 996TT wheels that I have had chemically stripped. The original paint was chipped and the lips were mildly road rashed. I have smoothed all the rash and they are now ready for paint. I would like to go back to the original Porsche metalic silver. I went to a body shop a few days ago and was quoted $700 to have them liquid painted! I about crapped in my pants when I heard that quote. They said they had to be acid etched, primered, painted & cleared. Yada yada....I have a quote for $195 to have them powdercoated. The only drawback on powdercoating is when it comes time to repaint...you have to blast or strip them again...and the powdercoatings are more of a bitch to get off than liquid paint and I don't believe it shines as well as liquid paint...unless you clear them. What are your thoughts, experiences and recommendations?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:26 AM